Before You Start Shopping:
- Measuring your child is a must. You will want to pay attention to sizing charts and look for a site that will provide assistance to help you match your child's measurements to the proper size coat.
- Know your child's body type before you start shopping and keep that in mind as you broswer through the coat styles.
- If you have specific brands of children's winter coats in mind, be sure you search for those brand names specifically, this will save a lot of time, rather than using general search terms.
- Use shopping and comparison sites to help in your search. Online retailers submit their products to sites like: Kaboodle, The Find, Google Shopping. Or simply use Yahoo, Bing or Google search, usually the results that come up on the first 1or 2 pages will give you a great selection of the brand you're interested in.
- Narrow your search done to the top 3 sites that have the items you are looking for at the price you want to pay. Now you will need to evaluate the site you will be purchasing from.
Tips for Choosing an Online Store:
- Is the site reputable? Do they offer secure checkout like Verisign, Network Solutions or Paypal - look for the logo. All reputable sites should have secure shopping. Do they have a phone number you can call and speak with someone. Look for a toll-free number, you shouldn't have to pay for the call.
- Learn about each online site, they should all have an ABOUT US page. Don't you want to know the type of business you are buying from?
- What is the return policy for each site. A good site will not charge you a re-stocking fee to return an item. How many days is the return policy good for?
- How do they package and ship your merchandise? UPS, FedEx or USPS are the most common in the US. Be sure you have the ability to track your purchase once it ships. Not all USPS services offer tracking so be sure you know how they will be shipping. Also, will they ship it in a box or a bag. In my opinion boxes are better. Look for free or discounted shipping promotions as well - all online stores offer these.
- Lastly, how is the customer service for this site. Just because you may not see anyone while shopping online, that doesn't mean they shouldn't have good customer serivce. Are you confident in their ability to SERVICE you AND provide you a QUALITY PRODUCT?
Why Shopping Online is GREAT!
- Some kids think of winter coat shopping as punishment (especially the boys). Shopping online, keeps your kids at play!
- You don't have to waste gas and time driving from store to store looking for the perfect kids winter coat. Plus, you may not have a children's clothing boutique near you.
- There is usually more of a selection online. Rather than visiting 4-5 stores in the course of a few hours, you could hit 40-50 and see a lot more children's winter coats and compare pricing!
- If you are shopping at your local children's clothing boutique you will find that certain regions of the country may only carry brands from that area, this is not the case online. Plus you will usually find a lot more selection of the latest styles and not as many from the previous year.
- Pricing online is usually more competitive than in a local children's clothing boutique.
:: Kids Coat Size Charts
Appaman Coat Size Chart
Corky & Company Coat Size Chart
Deux Par Deux Coat Size Chart
Pluie Pluie Rain Coat Size Chart
Rothschild Coat Size Chart
Widgeon Coat Size Chart
:: Before You Buy Your Kids Coat...
F.A.Q.'s about Appaman Coats
F.A.Q.'s about Corky Coats
F.A.Q.'s about Deux Par Deux Coats
F.A.Q.'s about Pluie Pluie Coats
F.A.Q.'s about Rothschild Coats
F.A.Q.'s about Widgeon Coats
:: The Latest Styles of Kids Coats
This Year's Appaman Coat Styles
This Year's Corky Coat Styles
This Year's Deux Par Deux Coat Style
This Year's Pluie Pluie Coat Styles
This Year's Rothschild Coat Styles
This Year's Widgeon Coat Styles
:: Kids Coat Care Instructions
Caring for your Appaman Coat
Caring for your Corky Coat
Caring for your Deux Par Deux Coat
Caring for your Pluie Pluie Coat
Caring for your Rothschild Coat
Caring for your Widgeon Coat
:: Storage For Your Kids Coat
Storing your Appaman Coat
Storing your Corky Coat
Storing your Deux Par Deux Coat
Storing your Pluie Pluie Coat
Storing your Rothschild Coat
Storing your Widgeon Coat
:: Kids Coat Product Videos
Appaman Coat Videos
Corky Coat Videos
Deux Par Deux Coat Videos
Pluie Pluie Coat Videos
Rothschild Coat Videos
Widgeon Coat Videos
:: Other Useful Kids Coat Info
Kids Coat Brands Compared
How a Corky Swing Wrap Fits
How a Corky Mary Jayne Fits
How a Corky Sweet Pea Fits
Tips for Buying Kids Coats Online
Sizing Your Child for a Coat
A Perfect Coat for the Perfect Child
How to Measure Your Kid for a Coat
:: Blogs & Other Stuff
Informative Kids Coat Blogs